Following on from the tidal surge in December 2013 and the continued extreme rainfall in 2014 a new project has been launched by the Environment Agency, Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils and Groundwork to support businesses to become more resilient.
The programme aims to review the resilience of your business to unforeseen interruptions with the help of an innovative new free online toolkit called BERT (Business Efficient Resilience Toolkit) that Groundwork have developed as part of this project. BERT provides a series of priority actions to improve your resilience and help you to take these actions forward.
To help businesses get started, The Environment Agency, Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Council and Groundwork are running a free workshop on the 12th of February at the Wentworth Hotel in Aldeburgh, 8.30-10.30. This is a FREE workshop for members of Suffolk Coast Business.
If you cannot attend the workshop, you can get involved by:
- Undertaking a free quick check on the Get Business Resilient website (it only takes 2 minutes!)
- Undertaking a free full online resilience review at https://www.getbusinessresilient.co.uk
Once you have completed the full check your business will be eligible for a fully funded support package from Groundwork. This support package includes the following;
- A free on-site resilience review from an advisor and a resilience action plan report
- A free distance based service to help you implement priority actions
Being ‘resilient’ means that you will:
- Protect your existing customer base with uninterrupted levels of service during disruptions (extreme weather event or other)
- Achieve a greater understanding of your wider business operations and its vulnerabilities
- Satisfy insurance requirements and potentially lower your insurance premiums as a result of having resilience process in place
- Avoid unexpected costs when it comes to recovery from an unforeseen disruption